Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

American General Finance sucks! I have a loan with them and am now having major financial problems. I have a piece of property with a house that I inherited. I have a buyer for this property, but when the attorney did the deed search, there is a lien against it for this loan.

I called them and asked them is they would do a partial release of this so I can sell it. I own the house that I live in and it is worth more than the one that I am selling. They could put the lien on this house and release the lien on the one that I want to sell.

The were very rude and told me that they will not do this. I explained that by selling this property I would be getting out of a mortgage payment on it and would be better off financially to pay them what I owe.

They didn't care. They were being vendictive because I have gotten behind in making the payments. The person I spoke with actually told me that they won't do it because I am behind in paying.

They had no problem asking to use my tax dollars to help them in a financial crisis. You would think that they would have some compasion and want to help others.

Once I get my finances all back in order. I will never be doing business with American General again, and will be telling everyone I know to also stay away from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: American General Finance Loan.

Comments

They called me today to yell at me for putting my payments in the night box and not coming in to pay in person.. Come on he wouldn't let me speak I asked 4 times if i could talk now and was told I could talk when I call.

I'm am so sick of the POOR service... About to give them my house and just walk away.

Renting would be better than dealing with these people. Really!!!

i hear ya i was 2 yes 2 weeks late on my truck payment not that it was there fault but sometimes things happen we all know this and did they take my paayment NO!!!! they repoed my truck how do they expect you to pay for things if you cant get to work and they even wanted me to pay the full balance of $9500 .....Ok if I was having trouble making a $500 payment where the *** do they think Im gonna pull $9500 from ?????

well if you returned there calls they wouldnt have to call you at work. Just pay your bill dead beat

I called them 4 times, spoke to 4 different people stated word for word " My employer does not allow calls at work, you can contact me at my home phone number per The fair Debt Collection Practice Act" They still call me at work.