1.1K views

I paid my loan off 7 years ago and I still can't get my lien release. Every time I call they say that they are sending it but its been a year and now they have moved on to a different name.

Springfield is the new company and they are also giving me the run around. I have had this rv sold 3 times but because I can't get my title.

They won't buy it.

I am so frustrated I can't begin to tell you. The department of motor vehicles can not do anything to help me without that lien release.

Product or Service Mentioned: American General Finance Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Thanks for the help, but there is a new number to call. If you call Legacy Support at (844) 743-8166, they will be most helpful.

After MANY hours of trying to get a human being on the phone at American General Finance over the lien releasal of a boat paid off over 15 years ago I was very frustrated. I finally got the phone number of the executive offices consumer affairs.

They answered right away, made sure to keep me on the line while they got the correct human on the phone and the problem is now resolved.

The number you need to call is 1-888-864-0332. THEY WILL FIX IT!

@Anonymous

So helpful thank you!

@Anonymous

Thank you for this information! This worked and they are getting my release!

call your state dept. of Justice affairs, fraud section, Also should have a bank and lending commission or association, give them a call, other than that best bet is talk to a lawyer.