Ludington, Michigan
Interest Rate

A company claiming to be American General Finance or SpringLeaf Finance called me and person had heavy foreign accent, so it was hard to understand him. (#1 red flag) He said I was approved for a $10k loan, but then asked how much I needed.

I said $2000 and he instantly agreed to that and how I wanted it delivered. He didn't ask for my info, didn't give me any company info and said it will all be emailed to me, and I don't have to sign any documents...(#2 red flag) They didn't want a credit check (#3 red flag) and just wanted my bank info. When I refused, they offered to send via Money gram (#4 red flag). Even with an unsecured loan, there has to be some documentation to protect the consumer.

When asked again for documents and company address, they said it would be mailed to my address, which earlier they said via email (#5 red flag) and only gave me a phone number 330-333-7483 from OH.

I was scammed before with another company that preys on helpless people so, I knew they wanted more money after the initial payment and hung up immediately. Don't get scammed!

Reason of review: Scam.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American General Finance Cons: Possible phone impersonators.

Comments